This premium, six-acre site presents an exceptional opportunity to build a spectacular estate. Enjoy the essence of the Montecito lifestyle from your dream home. The plans, designed by renowned architect, Marc Appleton, optimize the panoramic views of the Santa Barbara harbor, the Channel Islands, and the Rincon coast, while nestling into the natural beauty of this setting reminiscent of early California. The design features a grand residence of view-drenched rooms with ample terraces and outdoor living spaces. The pool area has magnificent views of the Santa Ynez Mountains and the Santa Barbara beaches, and the guesthouse is sited for distinct privacy.
The generous building site takes advantage of the sandstone and oak tree studded native landscape for remarkable privacy, while maintaining unparalleled views. Located behind classic gates along East Mountain Drive, between Picacho and Hot Springs in a private world overlooking rooftops out to the infinite Pacific Ocean, yet walking distance to the amenities of the Upper Village. Imagine strolling along the broad, private roads and over the peaceful bridge spanning the riparian habitat of Oak Creek, removed from the bustle of urban pressures. The infrastructure at Oak Creek Canyon is all newly installed: roads, bridge, storm drains, Montecito Water and Sanitary, and utilities to the site.
- 6 acres, APN 011-280-018
- Utilities underground to the site
- Approved plans for app. 5,800 sg ft with Land Use permit in hand.
- This lovely Mediterranean has five bedrooms/five baths, which includes maid’s room and bath.
- Mostly single level but with three bedrooms/three baths on walkout level below.
- Architectural plan – Marc Appleton, AIA
- Landscape plan – Van Atta Associates, ASIA