Parcel B (103 acres) price: $2,650,000 (Parcel B Sale Pending)
Parcel C (165 acres) price: $1,550,000
For the first time available in 50 years, San Marcos Ranch Parcels B & C (combined acreage of 268 acres) located above Cachuma Lake and across from Rancho San Marcos Golf Course.
These two properties are a portion of the original Rancho San Marcos established in 1804 as an outpost for the Santa Barbara Mission. In 1847 the property was transferred from the Mission and sold by Governor Pio Pico to the Den brothers (Richard and Nicolas) as a Mexican Land Grant, one of a small number of historic grants in California. Dwight Murphy later purchased the ranch, where he raised prize Palomino horses. In 1955 he sold a portion of the ranch, approximately 700 acres to Robert Odell, who operated the Santa Barbara Biltmore and San Francisco Clift hotel and other properties.
These two parcels are the only properties located directly across and overlooking the Rancho San Marcos Golf Course, a top rated daily fee course. These two parcels are bordered by the Los Padres National Forest, insuring privacy from any future development and endless opportunities for hiking and horseback riding.
Close proximity to Lake Cachuma, vineyards, boating, Red Rock, Paradise Road recreation area, and only a short drive into Santa Barbara or Santa Ynez.
Parcel B (103 acres) is spectacular, there are several outstanding building sites with outrageous views of the mountain range, Lake Cachuma, the Rancho San Marcos Golf Course, and the eastern end of the valley. No building envelope restrictions.
Parcel C (165 acres) is also gorgeous and is immediately east of Parcel B. This parcel also has no building envelope restrictions. There is a lower pasture area that would be wonderful for a major equestrian facility.
The two properties share a private access road from Hwy 154 that forks to lead to house sites on each parcel. There is a recorded road sharing agreement. A private water system has also been developed for these properties with shared access to multiple wells with recorded easements and water sharing agreements. Utility access has been prepared with water pipes and underground conduit for electrical and telephone service installed up to the fork in the shared road, ready for future development.